Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I'm a Sydney fashionista!

This morning T told me I was dressed like a Sydney girl. So that made me think about how people here dress a little differently from what we're used to seeing.

If I had to describe the typical style of people here, I might call it "urban hipster" when they're not dressed for work. In general, most people are extremely trendy dressers - there's not a lot of "classic style." (Although, I will say that girls typically wear really cute, flattering dresses.)

One style is universal, and that is skinny jeans. And to take it one step further, a lot girls wear leggings or tights as pants - not just under skirts or dresses.


I went out to snap some pics to back up my story. Here are some pictures from just a few minutes outside.

Skinny jean collage
And here's three in a row!

 

There are also a lot of straight up hipsters.

 

Guys get in on the hipster action too. Toby snapped this gem a couple weeks ago.

 

So, here was my outfit today. Maybe I am dressed like a Sydneysider, but I'm going to need a lot more leggings and skinny jeans to complete the transformation!

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. This post of yours CRACKED ME UP Christine! I can't believe you guys took photos of strangers and blogged about them - best thing ever!
    PS do you like shopping? I'm a on savings roll at the moment but happy to shop with! Have you checked out the new Topshop yet?
    PPS I probs won't realise you have replied, if you do at all here.. so maybe ping me on Hipchat haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll chat with you at work about shopping, but in case you look here, I'm glad you don't think it was TOO weird that I put pictures of strangers in my blog! =)

      Delete