Saturday, September 29, 2012

The aquarium

On Saturday, T and I met up with a man I knew from Exstream. He and his family have been living in Sydney for the past year, so they took us out for dinner and to the aquarium to welcome us to the city.

We met up at Darling Harbor and found a nice Thai place for dinner.




Saturday was a big day for Sydney-ians because the local rugby team was in the finals. So the city put up big screens by the harbor so everyone could come watch. The picture is a little blurry, but those are big screens set up in front of the harbor. The grounds were PACKED with people watching and cheering LOUDLY! There might have also been some drinking going on. All in all, it reminded me of a UT gameday. =)



After a great dinner, we headed over to the aquarium. It's a fairly small aquarium, probably because it's packed into some of the scarce space along the harbor. In fact, part of the aquarium is actually over the water, even though you can't really tell when you're inside.

We had a great time going through the aquarium! There were lots of local sea critters to see.



There was also a glass plate in the floor where you could stand over the shark tank. It kind of got my stomach a little.

Here's T in an old scuba suit!



Here's me and what size shark I'd be.




We also got to walk through a shark tunnel. Where we saw this guy!



Lastly, Croc Toby tried on this hat in the gift shop.



It was a great night and a great time. Thanks, Scott & Cathy for making us feel so welcome!







3 comments:

  1. Please tell me Toby bought that hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was going to say the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, it was not purchased since the gift shop was closing up and we were trying to leave. However, I can tell that he hasn't forgotten about it! So I wouldn't be surprised to see a hat like that in his future! =)

    ReplyDelete