Saturday, November 9, 2013

Sculptures by the Sea

Every year the walk from Bondi to Tamarama Beach is taken over with sculptures. We missed it last year, so I really wanted to see it this year. But I refused to go on a weekend since it's always packed. So Toby and I slipped out of work a couple hours early on Friday, caught a bus to Bondi, and checked it out. It was still pretty busy for a workday afternoon, but very very fun!

Quite a few people out for a workday!



This was a really cool one because when you stood in the right place, the house was on land, the lighthouse was on the shore, and the ship was in the ocean



Toby and I both put this one into our top 3 favorites



Some of the art I really I did not get. Like this stack of gross mattresses.


And this talking dunny that had sound effects of someone being stuck inside.


But most of it I loved. If I had to pick my favorites, they would either be this tree sculpture with birds or the beautiful crescent at the top of the hill.



Toby liked these two a lot.



It was an awesome setting to wander around and enjoy the art. I loved that it was outside and we got to walk around between sculptures. And I think even Toby liked that part of it!

And if you are thinking we're sounding so very cultured, don't worry - we're not too high-brow yet.

(Not part of the sculpture walk)

No comments:

Post a Comment