Saturday, November 23, 2013

Dinner at Una's

On Wednesday night we headed out for dinner at an Austrian restaurant called Una's. This was, of course, a restaurant I'd bought a Groupon for, so we headed into the city to check it out. Mom and Dad (and Toby) were all a little alarmed that I'd picked a place next to the dodgiest train station in Sydney: Kings Cross. But I was confident that between our early dinner time and intimidating manner, we'd be fine.

The restaurant was quaint and had a lot of personality.

The pig looking over our table
I was happy that Mom and Dad got to experience the Australian practice of fetching your own water. Una's was especially "special" in that the cups were little plastic ones like you get at the dentist.


We all had great food, and tons of it! Toby and I both got vegetable strudel, Mom got salmon, and Dad got chicken cordon bleu. Yay food!


And of course, we had some apple strudel to close out the dinner.


Then we headed back to the train station. When in Kings Cross you have to be on alert for crazy people. One jumped into my picture here.



No comments:

Post a Comment