Friday, November 16, 2012

Work update!

This week I moved to a new role at work. I'm taking over from a tech writer who's going on maternity leave next month, and she's working on a different project than the one I've been training on.

I'm pretty excited about my new team. I'm going to work with designers more closely on this team, and they are working on cool stuff. So I'm really happy about the move.

Not only did I change roles, but I also changed floors. This makes me really excited because my new floor is much warmer than my old one! I haven't even had to put on my jacket in the afternoons. I'm a pretty happy girl.

The new floor is also low enough that I get a glimpse of some green trees through the window, which is really nice.

Don't worry, this floor has cool meeting room names too!

The other good thing about this new floor is that I'm 4 floors away from the candy jars in the kitchen, not just 1. That's a really good thing!

The dangerous candy station in the kitchen
I had a really good laugh the first afternoon I sat in my new area. At 3:30 Gangnam Style started playing and everybody got up from their desks and laid down on the floor.

Hee hee!
Turns out this floor is very into fitness. Push-ups happen at 10 every morning and planks happen at 3:30. Maybe I'll get really toned working on this floor.

4 comments:

  1. Hells yeah! You'll be doing 100 reps in no time! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gotta start getting on board! People are so disciplined and do catch-up when they miss - I gotta do that too! =)

      Delete
  2. Wow. That is so random. Did they tell you about it or did they just up and start excersizing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it IS random! And no one told me about it before it happened the first time, but then they filled me in after they saw my face. =)

      Delete