Sunday, November 4, 2012

Socializings

A couple of very nice people invited me out to meet up with them this weekend.

Friday night at the Ivy

On Friday, I met up with Michaela for drinks after work. Michaela is a friend of someone I worked with at Exstream, and he had given me her contact info here. We emailed back and forth a couple times before we moved, and then we set up time to get together now that Toby and I are settled in.

Michaela actually works right across the street from me, so she came by the office and met me on Friday afternoon. She showed me a really cool bar called The Ivy right by our offices.

This bar was really cool because it had 2 stories in the middle floors of a building, but it was all open in the middle so you could see the sky.


We had a couple drinks and talked about life in Sydney, dogs, our jobs, and just normal girl chitchat. It was a really nice night out!


Brunch at Ripples

On Sunday, I met a girl from work and her friend for brunch. I work with Mairead, who is from Ireland, and her friend Ayne lives near us here in North Sydney, so she asked if I'd want to meet them for brunch this week. It was so nice of her to reach out to me, and we had a really nice time hanging out.

We met at Ripples, which is right down the street from us beside Luna Park and the ferry wharf. It also happens to have an amazing view.

Ripples is in the covered area
The food was good too, so we'll put this on the list of places to go to again!

I feel very lucky to have met so many nice people in this city who are willing to give up some of their free time to hang out with me and make me feel welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment