Saturday, November 10, 2012

Cremorne Point

On Saturday, T and I met up with the Draegers and did a walk that went around one of the bays in North Sydney. The walk went from Cremorne Point around Mosman Bay and to the point at the other side of the bay.

T and I took the ferry over to Cremorne Point - our favorite mode of transportation!

We met the Draegers at the wharf and started our walk. Well, first we visited the playground there at the point and watched the girls go nuts for a while. =)

The walk had some really lovely views of the city, the bay, and the harbor.

View of the city from the north
Signal light at Cremorne Point
Boats in Mosman Bay
The walk also went through some really beautiful bush areas and gardens.

The path started off along a row of houses overlooking the bay
Then it wandered into bushy area
We caught glimpses of the bay now & then
And found these really cool trees
There were also some maintained gardens that had a lot of tropical-y plants
We stopped for lunch at the end of the bay. It was good for everyone to sit and recharge for a little bit - it was colder and windier than we had planned on. Plus, we had a really lovely view.

The food was good, but it was kind of a weird place. They had this sign on the wall, and it cracked us up.

We saw a kookaburra on the way back! I wish I'd had our good camera with us so I could've taken a better picture. Hopefully we'll have another chance to see one up close when we go to the wildlife center in a few weeks.

He's on the wooden railing - kinda hard to see
We saw tons of gorgeous homes on the walk, but this one was my favorite of the day. I would make the room overlooking the gully my reading room. =)

And then we had a nice long ferry ride home. It was a really lovely walk, and a great Saturday activity!

2 comments:

  1. There are just so many beautiful places around you! I'm amazed at all of the pictures. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish I were a better photographer to do these places justice. But I agree, I'm constantly amazed at the beauty around here.

      Delete