Saturday, September 20, 2014

Snapshot of the week

I arrived back in Sydney on Tuesday morning, just in time to go into the office. I made it at work until 4:30 and I stayed awake until 8 PM. Not bad if I do say so myself!

There were a few things happening this week. Of course, the new iPhone came out, so there were people camping out on the street by the store, just a block down from the office. Crazy people!

The make-your-own Magnum pop-up store is back, so I had ice cream for lunch one day! My creation was a dark chocolate shell with vanilla beads, chocolate cookie crumbs, and raspberry chips. I am thinking I should maybe be an ice cream designer in my next career!

 

On Friday, there was a party to celebrate Art & About at Martin Place. The theme was neighborhood block party, so it was all set up with things you might see at a neighborhood barbie - complete with a camper!

There were also some performances happening in the evening, and I got to see one of them practicing. It was a ballet/dance done with shopping carts (trolleys here). Even though it sounded weird, it was actually surprisingly cool! It was mostly synchronized dancing with the carts, but there were also a couple flips off the carts laid upside down.

I didn't do a good enough job selling T on the grocery cart dancing and neighborhood party, so the real event on Friday night was voted down. Normally I might have gone by myself, but as a nod to being more aware of security during an unsettled week, I stayed home. We had our own party with pizza and a movie - and who could complain about that?! =)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment