Saturday, January 11, 2014

A very happy birthday!

The big 3-0 birthday was on Friday. I had to work, but I still had a good day. Toby made me an amazing birthday dinner and I had gifts from home to open that night! (Even though, as Holly reminded me, I got to stay 29 an extra day since I was born in America.)

On Saturday we had a picnic get together to properly celebrate. My birthday sort of snuck up on us with all the fun stuff we'd done over Christmas, so we didn't have time to prepare too much. But we put together some food and drinks, invited some people out, and then it was a great day! We got a spot in Lavender Bay park overlooking the harbour, and the weather was perfect! I was so happy we did it, and I was so touched by how many people came by to celebrate with me.

I didn't take too many pictures, but I got a few.




Oz the dog
Oh yeah, we ate cupcakes too!!


It was a wonderful day, and I ended it by feeling so blessed with the friends we've made here that would spend their Saturday celebrating with me.

2 comments:

  1. Picnics are the perfect way to celebrate birthdays! The cupcakes look so very gourmet making my mouth water looking at them. Glad you had a wonderful day and welcome to the "cool" decade when you begin to know you don't know anything and you become ok with it:) Big hugs xx and lots of kisses ooooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for the surprise birthday package!! You're so amazing. If my birthday was any indication, I think 30's are going to be A-OK!

      Delete