Saturday, October 12, 2013

Labour Day - Aussie style

On Monday I managed to fit a lot into my Labour Day holiday! This was partly because we forgot to turn off our usual Monday alarms, so I was wide awake at 5:50. Oops!

So I took advantage of my early start to the day and took the bus out to check out a couple of the northern beaches. My first stop was Newport Beach.


It was really beautiful but the sun stayed behind the clouds the whole time. Once the wind kicked up, I couldn't take it anymore so I caught the bus to head down to the other beach I wanted to see.

Collaroy Beach was just as beautiful, but the sun was also out. So I picked out a good spot in the sunlight and read my book for a while.



In the afternoon, Toby and I went for a bike ride over to Observatory Hill. Toby suggested this idea, and I think it might be as positive reinforcement because I mentioned making pizzas for dinner. =)

It was the first time I'd ridden my bike over the bridge, and I was super excited! But I really struggled to get across the bridge; I felt like I was on a resistance bike! It wasn't til we stopped at the other side when Toby asked me if I'd checked the air in my tires. Which, of course, I had not. So as it turns out, riding a bike with really flat tires is super hard work. =) Toby fixed up my bike while we rested on the hill.


We hung out and read for a while and then made the much easier trip back across the bridge.
And, of course, made pizzas for dinner to celebrate our super fun Labour Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment