Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A morning in Chatswood

On Saturday we took the train up to Chatswood where I was going to get a haircut. There's a huge Asian population in that area, so we take the opportunity when we're there to go by the Asian food market and by Daiso, the Japanese store where everything is $2.80.

We found some real gems at Daiso. For example, this "Tomato Story" plate, which of course I bought to use under a potted plant.


I also needed some new earbuds, but I refused to pay $40 for them at the Best Buy-equivalent here. I'm sure these $2.80 earcanal phones will be just as good!


But the thing that made us laugh the most was this set of superhero masks (which we reluctantly did not buy).

If you can't read the package, this particular color is "Narcissistic Blue." Hee hee!
We also went to the actual mall, where we found a Toys R Us! This is one of Toby's favorite stores, and even though this Toys R Us was about 1/4 the size of the ones in the U.S., he was pretty happy.



And I found this Fart Blaster, which kept me fully entertained while Toby looked at whatever it is he finds to look at there.


We capped off the morning with breakfast where I decided the holiday weekend called for a drink in a fun glass!


All in all, a super fun morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment