Saturday, July 13, 2013

Make your fortune...become a meteorologist in Sydney!

If I had to make a list of the things that annoy me about living here, the weather forecasts would make my top 5.

I don't know if it's because the weather patterns are less predictable here, or if it's just because I'm not good at finding where I should be getting my weather information. But every time I try to check the forecast, there seems to be wildly contradicting information.

For example, here was the forecast for Wednesday on three different sites:





The highs and lows are usually pretty consistent, but that's a 0%-70% chance of rain for the day! And by the way, it didn't rain.

Just to be clear, all temperatures are in Celsius, which I am starting to get mildly competent with. My smart scientist friend Dr. Everett taught me a trick for quickly converting Celsius to Fahrenheit: double the number and add thirty. It will get you close at least!

Anyway, I can't really complain about the weather or the forecasts too much! I can always know for sure it will rain if I leave the house without an umbrella. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment