Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

On Thursday I put on a striped white shirt, a blue jacket, and my red scarf and set out for work. I wasn't alone in my patriotic spirit; the reception area at work was done up too!
In the afternoon there was an ice cream social in honor of the holiday. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I didn't expect all of this!

There was a little gelato cart with six different flavors to choose from. It was self-serve so you could get some crazy combinations going!
The "English Toffee" had been renamed to a more appropriate "American Toffee".
I got so excited about making my cone that I forgot to take a picture of the toppings table. There were tons of red, white, and blue lollies and sprinkles for making the ice cream extra patriotic!
It wasn't a weekend on the lake with all my family, fireworks, and grilling out. But it was still a pretty good Fourth of July!

1 comment:

  1. That gelato looks so yummie! Your work sounds like a pretty awesome company to work for, they treat you guys right!

    ReplyDelete