Thursday, February 27, 2014

Greek Festival

Last weekend was a social one: drinks on Saturday night and brunch with a work friend on Sunday. In between that, I fit in a trip to the Greek Festival.

I caught the ferry on a lovely sunny afternoon to head over to Darling Harbour.


From there, I walked down to the Greek Festival. Turns out lots of people had the same idea!


There were lots of "interesting" merchandise stalls, like one dedicated to selling Greek music CDs, and another that sold replicas of just about everything.


I decided I didn't need anything, so I made my way down to the food and performance area. I just missed a performance, but the food stalls weren't going anywhere! And there were so many of them!


The loukoumades tent was pretty busy inside!


I bought some olive bead and a pastry called tachinopites to take home to T. To my surprise and utter disappointment, there was no baklava to be found at the entire festival! But it was still fun to be out, enjoying what I fear is one of the last true summer days of the season.


No comments:

Post a Comment