Saturday, September 21, 2013

A year in review

In honor of our one year anniversary, here are some of my favorite pictures from the past year. 

September

This picture was one of our first few days here. We'd taken the ferry over to Circular Quay to check out the iconic sites. It felt super weird to be standing at the Opera House!


October

I really started dragging us out and around to places in October. This was us taking the Eastern Coastal Beaches walk for the first time. It was a super windy day - which was not expected! We also learned how fast you get hot in the sun here. 


The other highlight of our second month here was my cousin's visit! We didn't know that many places to go and we weren't Sydney experts yet, but we gave it our best shot. It was so awesome to see family, and we had such a fun time!




November

In November, we flip-flopped and I went up to see Megan in Brisbane. What a super fun city! I think I'll have to drag Toby there sometime. 



December

Our first time seeing Aussie animals!




And our first Christmas in Australia. It was a little bit sad compared to our usual family-filled Christmases, but it was fun nonetheless.


We also celebrated our first Boxing Day with a trip out to watch the Sydney-Hobart sailing race. That was super fun!!



January

In January I celebrated my birthday in warm weather for the first time ever. Needless to say, it was completely amazing! 


February

February was the hottest month of my life. But there were only a few moments where I thought I couldn't stand it. For the most part, the warm weather just meant we could do stuff like go to the Thai Festival. 


And when it wasn't blisteringly hot, it was pouring rain - like the day we went to the Royal National Park. But the rain didn't deter Toby from throwing the boomerang like a pro!


March

In March, our stuff arrived!!! What a magical day. 


April

In April, we celebrated our first Anzac Day. I made Anzac cookies for the first time, and I spent the day in the city watching the various ceremonies and festivities. 


I also cashed in my Super Bowl bet win in April. It was a full day of activities, including a trip to the Fish Markets, brunch in Glebe, a walk through the city, and a picnic dinner. Toby was a super good sport for the day.


May

May brought us Vivid Sydney, which was totally amazing. The highlight was definitely getting to choose a design for the bridge and making it light up!



June

My lovely workmate Rachel invited us up to the Blue Mountains for a day in June. It was winter in Sydney and it actually felt like winter weather in the mountains. It was amazing - I had no idea such beautiful mountains were so close to Sydney!



July

Obviously, the highlight of our July was Holly's visit. It's pretty much all I thought and talked about the whole month until she arrived, and then it's all I thought about after she left. To spare us all, I'll just put in two pictures to represent how amazing the end of July and the first of August was. 





August

To ease the sting of Holly leaving, we had a fun weekend getaway to Hunter Valley. It was fun times of drinking wine, cooking meals, playing games, and hanging out with friends!


It's hard to pick highlights from a year full of so many wonderful things! We are truly lucky to get to have the experiences and fun times we've enjoyed. Here's to at least one more year!

2 comments:

  1. how has it been a whole year!?!? you two are awesome and i love and miss you both so much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you too, Nance! So much! No one makes me laugh as hard at work as you can. xoxo

      Delete