Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Vivid Part III

On Tuesday, I decided that rather than spend my evening at home alone or working, I would catch the ferry over to Darling Harbor and check out the Vivid light display there. It was cool but not rainy, so I went for it!

It was a very different feel from the festivities in Circular Quay. A work friend described walking around at Circular Quay like having the same feeling as New Years Eve: a good community feeling, lots of families, people generally happy to be out and milling about with each other. I agree with this! Now, Darling Harbor wasn't somber by any stretch of the imagination, but it was definitely a bit more subdued.

My top (or maybe my second top - so hard to choose!) favorite thing were these trees on the Pyrmont Bridge.


There were green and white ones, and up close you could see that they were made of leaf- and flower-shaped glass.


They were lovely and gave the walk across the bridge a nice whimsical feel!

There were fewer art light pieces scattered around than in Circular Quay. Some of the few I saw were these colored benches under some of the trees.


The other highlight - the one it appeared most people came to see - was the fountain show. These people all seemed to be aware that the show started on the hour, unlike me who just showed up. So I was far away when it began but it was a long show so I had plenty of time to walk over and catch it. The lights and water were choreographed to songs.




The other highlight of my walk was just seeing the lights reflected off the water.




Just more amazing sights of Vivid!

No comments:

Post a Comment