Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Big Dance

On Sunday, I took a walk across the bridge over to the Opera House. I'd read about an event happening that morning called The Big Dance. The idea was that three locations around the world perform the same choreographed dance at the same time: Sydney, London, and Glasgow.

As I was walking across the bridge, I could see the dancers practicing. The dance crew was made up of people from all around Sydney who just signed up online to participate. They went to practices over the past few months and watched videos online. I was pretty impressed with their dedication: especially because it was really, really cold that morning!

They opened up the balcony of the Opera House for the spectators. It's not usually open to the public, so I was pretty excited to go up there to watch the dance.


The dance itself was pretty cool - and surprisingly long for the amount of people that had to memorize all the choreography (4 minutes or so). There was a big countdown at the beginning so all the countries started together.



After Sydney danced, they showed the dances from London and Glagsgow. It was dark there, but it didn't seem as windy as in Sydney!


As soon as it was over, I caught a ferry and headed back home to warm up my toes!




1 comment:

  1. That is seriously the coolest mohawk ever!! With hair that great no reason to wait for the World Cup! We loved watching the games too, though Germany was not my team to win;(

    ReplyDelete