Thursday, February 21, 2013

Chinese New Year Parade

Sunday was the culmination of the Chinese New Year celebrations with a big twilight parade. The parade started from the middle of the CBD and made its way down to Chinatown. It didn't start until nighttime, but I drug us out to see it anyway.

The parade was really cool. And long.

There were lots of dragon dances.

Since it is the year of the snake, snakes were a recurring theme in the parade.



In addition to all the snakes and dragons, there were tons (heaps, as the Aussies say) of other cool things.






It was a really cool parade to watch!

1 comment:

  1. I want to go on record and say that I was lured to this activity under false pretenses. Christine told me we were going to what she called a "Twilight parade." I was pretty excited. But needless to say, there was no Edward, no Jacob, and definitely no Alice. No good. And my "Team Alice" shirt just resulted in happy shouts of "A rice!" everywhere I went. Boo.

    ReplyDelete