Friday, March 20, 2015

Shipping it at work!


Last week was ShipIt at work. ShipIt is a 24 hour coding competition where people form teams and make something that they feel passionate about. I had a pet project in mind, so I petitioned a few developers. And although I'm not sure they met my level of enthusiasm, they agreed to join my team and do a ShipIt project together.

The ShipIt day kicks off at midday on Thursday and officially goes for 24 hours. It was a quiet start to the day. There was lots of focus on the developer side of the table. And I do mean a lot.



At about 3 PM on Thursday, the candy cart came around to keep everyone going.


The candy breathed some life into our team!


While the developers were busy coding, the designer and I worked on our presentation for Friday. The first round of the competition is a presentation in small groups. Winners from that round go to semi-finals. Unfortunately, that wasn't us. Even though we had a really solid project, we didn't quite make it. 


And even though we didn't win, it was still a really fun time! My team was so fun, even if they were quiet, and it was a blast just participating in such a big, innovative two days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment