Sunday, July 31, 2016

Three weeks in the States

My role at work has changed, and it kicked off with a fairly short notice visit to the San Francisco office. I needed to be in the US for a while, so I decided to split up my visit with one week in the middle, working from the "home office" in Tennesee and North Carolina. But SF was first. While the Sydney office is dog-friendly, it felt like half the living things in the SF office were dogs! I'll be honest, it was really hard to work while there were so many cute dogs around!  
This pup was 18 weeks. He stole my heart
 
This big guy was a big sweetheart, who just wanted to be loved
The dogs come to meetings too
  Besides all the dogs, there's not too much interesting about my time in SF. The rough thing about the time difference is that just when you wrap up your work day there, Sydney is coming online, so it's easy to get caught up and work until it's too late to be doing anything fun and touristy. I'll do better next time!  Luckily I was able to fit in a quick jaunt over to Tennessee and and North Carolina for a quick visit.  
 
 
 Holly and I managed to fit in both a cooking class and walks in Greenville and Charlotte. Greenville is still one of my all-time favorite places!  
And downtown Charlotte was great fun too.  
In our cooking class, we practiced making macarons. Of course it seemed really easy during the class!  
 
We also took full advantage of the southern summer weather and had a proper back deck dinner. Such a good way to spend a summer evening, and there's really no substitute for it! 
Between times with Holly and family, seeing some dear friends, and working with both people in the US and Australia, the time absolutely flew by. But still, at the end of three weeks, I was happy to get on a plane and head back to Sydney. What a lucky girl I am, to have two homes!

No comments:

Post a Comment