Friday, October 16, 2015

The 20th Bondi to Coogee walk

This week, a guy I know through work was in Sydney visiting the office for a week. Tobias is from Germany and I had a lot of fun with him when I was at Summit last year. This was his first trip to Sydney AND we had a holiday on Monday, so T and I wanted to make sure he had a good time.

Various people in Tobias' life had told him to check out the Bondi to Coogee walk. Even though we've done that walk so many times now, I still love it so much! I am not sure it will ever get old. Plus, it was a beautiful, hot day - the first truly summer-ish day. Perfect for walking on the breezy walk and taking a dip in the water.

The beaches were absolutely packed - everyone was enjoying a day away from work in the sun!




The walk, as always, was lovely. 



We took a swim & snorkel break at Gordon's Bay. The water was still REALLY cold, but it was so hot, it actually felt great after I got out. I took my first snorkel of the year, but I only stayed in for 20 minutes or so - my toes started to go tingly in the cold!



In Coogee, we fought our way through the crowds and found a spot for a cold beer and some lunch. It felt good to sit down in the cool and rest our feet. I forget how intense the Sydney sun is, but that day reminded me!

T parted ways with his new BFF Tobias (seriously, they talked about scifi things the whole time and exchanged favorite author names) after we caught the bus back to the city.  I hung back to take him around to the Opera House and through the Botanic Gardens. 


It was a perfect way to spend the holiday: enjoying the weather and seeing the best of the city through a visitor's eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment