Monday, May 25, 2015

Back in Sydney with double the fun!

It was pretty hard to leave the US this time around. I felt like the time with my family was far too short: there were so many festivities and celebrations, which were all completely wonderful! But that also meant that there wasn't really any time to just "be" - hanging around and doing not much with the family. Not only that, but our time in Tennessee was so short, there were friends that I simply didn't get to see at all. Feeling like I was leaving before my visit was over was really hard, and every time I boarded a plane for the trip back, there were a few tears that crept up.

However, so very luckily for me, I had great things waiting on me in Sydney. Specifically, my lovely aunt and uncle coming over for a visit!!!



Coincidentally, we arrived back in Sydney on the same day: T & I just an hour or so ahead of them. While I went into work for the day (going to work after the 14 hour flight isn't quite as bad as it sounds - it helps you stay awake at least!), they went out and explored the city. Then T and I got to meet up with them for the happiest back-in-Sydney dinner ever!

High on the To Do list for their visit is seeing Vivid, so that's what we did on Friday night. After a really fun dinner at the Buffalo Dining Club, we walked through Martin Place to check out the lights.

A view of all the lights to explore!

Taking in Vivid in person!


Aunt Kaye playing with pixelated lights

Taking selfies, just like the kids do it
I'll do a longer blog post with more pictures to do Vivid lights proper justice, but seeing Vivid lights + spending time with these lovely people took the sadness right of my return! In fact, it makes me feel:




No comments:

Post a Comment