Thursday, August 7, 2014

Pyrmont Growers Market

The first Saturday of every month, there is a big farmers market in Pyrmont Bay Park. I've been wanting to check it out for a long time, but something always seemed to be going on. So this Saturday, I decided nothing was going to stop me!

The market was at a park right along the bay. It was a beautiful place for it!


I met a co-worker's wife there, and we walked through all the stalls together. There was so much good-looking produce - mainly winter veggies like root veggies, squash and citrus. But there were also some apples and greens that have just started coming in.



In addition to all the produce, there were also plenty of dairy and meat vendors too. And a few tents cooking up breakky sausages.

I bought a package of exotic-looking mushrooms from the mushroom tent.


We also watched a food demonstration from a local celebrity chef.


I didn't buy much besides a fresh peach and mango juice and my mushrooms. But it was so inspiring to see all the lovely (and giant!) produce - next time I'll go back with more cash. And I'll drag Toby along so we can be inspired by all the ingredients and make something fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment