Saturday, November 14, 2015

Vino Paradiso

Last weekend there was a wine festival down at The Rocks. T was working super hard on his school project so he didn't have much spare time. I decided that meant more wine for me, so off I headed!

I took the scenic way, across the bridge and down through the heart of The Rocks to get there.
It was threatening rain, so there weren't too many tourists about.




Down at the wine festival, it was a bit more happening! The festival was spread out through the rocks into different areas. Each area was dedicated to different wine regions of Australia, so you could feel like you were on a wine tour of Australia.

The Barossa region of the festival - although I think pizza is universal
The festival was pretty high tech. You couldn't use cash to pay for anything at the booths. Instead you had to load money onto a card, and then the booths all had a little machine that took money off your card for each taste or pour. It made it pretty convenient, even though I definitely felt pressured to not leave any money on the card!

There were some cute stalls
There were hundreds of wineries at the festival, and I didn't have much of a plan. So I just wandered around and picked up a taste when I saw a place that caught my eye.



Another cute stall
I saw some things that I'd never seen before. Like this oyster girl, who was walking around doing portable oyster servings.



And Gelato Messina was there, too, with wine-themed gelato of course!

The wine festival is the first time I've never seen a giant line at a Messina booth



It was a really nice way to spend the afternoon, and after a few hours I caught the ferry home!




No comments:

Post a Comment